We are seeking 10 volunteers to support and assist with the handling of logistical tasks, which are related to this international conference.
Requirements to be a volunteer:
- Be over 18 years old
- Be proficient in English
- Be available for a mandatory activity training (pre-conference day, October 21st)
- Present good teamwork skills.
If you would like to volunteer, please kindly complete our Volunteer Application Form and send it through to email@example.com with the issue "EUCAPA 2020 Volunteer Application"
Deadline for applications: 30 June 2020
EUCAPA 2020 VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Following a successful bid to the Miguel Hernández University, the European Conference in Adapted Physical Activity 2020 will be held in Elche (Spain). This biennial European conference is a major gathering of stakeholders in the field of Adapted Physical Activity (APA), and also, a cutting edge scientific event for researches, professors, in-service professionals and students involved in the APA field. The 15th conference will take place from October 21 to 23 October 2020 in the Altabix Building facility of the Miguel Hernández University.
Volunteers play a central role during the conference and convey the image of the conference to participants. Volunteers help coordinate programme activities, greet visiting delegates, assist with registration, staff various offices and perform other crucial tasks.EUCAPA 2020 is seeking for 10 volunteers (over 18 years) who have an interest in the field of APA, inclusive education, rehabilitation, physical activity for health promotion for people with disabilities, etc… to assist with conference preparations, guest attendance and finally, to enjoy a unique opportunity to live this scientific event in the frontline. Also, you will also work with a local group of people with intellectual disabilities that will cooperate with the conference organization.
As a EUCAPA 2020 volunteer, you will be required to arrive on Monday, October 19 and leave by Saturday, 24 October 2020. The EUCAPA Organising Committee will cover the cost of your conference fee, accommodation and meals. Volunteers accommodation will be at the University Residence Scientific Village, which lies within the university campus, 10 min walking from the Conference Venue. You will have to fund your own travel costs to the venue. However, the European Federation in Adapted Physical Activity (EUFAPA) will provide you with a grant of 100€ to cover part of these travel expenses.
Training and supports will be given as necessary prior to the conference (i.e. 19-20 October), in tasks such as accreditations and assisting with the handling of logistical tasks.
Deadline for submitting your application is 30 June 2020.
EUCAPA 2020 VOLUNTEERPROGRAM
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of student certificate (undergraduate, master and PhD students) (.pdf format during the application, original needs to be submitted at the beginning of the program).
- Recommendation letter from faculty or responsible (pdf format, max. 500 words)
- Motivation letter (indicate why you want to volunteer, your university studies and APA experience) (.pdf format, max. 500 words). You can express this interest by responding to the questions included in the application form.
- Proof of language skills (TOEFL or IELTS result for non-native speakers of English). As the official language of the symposium is English, you should be able to communicate and make yourself understood in English. Additional language skill(s), especially Spanish, is a big plus.
- Abstract submissions (follow the abstract submission guidelines of EUCAPA 2020). You must also attach your abstract to your application, and this abstract has to be submitted also through normal EUCAPA 2020 application process (https://www.eucapa2020.com/call-for-presentation). It is not mandatory submitting an abstract to become volunteer. However, the abstract submission is positively considered to evaluate the volunteer application.
- The organizing committee and volunteer coordinator will decide the best 10 applications and will communicate the decision through email and website to be interested candidates. This communication will be on 15th July 2020, the latest.
- All information provided in your application will be treated confidentially.
- Should you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us:
EUCAPA 2020 Conference
Mr Juan González-Badía - Technical Secretary
Tel: +34 663 246 431